Google’s Mobile Interstitial ranking demotion went live on Jan 10th as confirmed by Google’s John Muller in a tweet.
Vital details you must be aware of:
- Demotion has been applied on a page by page basis.
- Giving legal notices using popups is now fine.
- However, delayed popups will come under the radar.
- Language popups for the global website will get affected from it.
- Keep in mind that it will lead to a lower ranking, the sites will not get penalized.
- This demotion will get triggered by the on-scroll popups too!
- It has nothing to do with Mobile friendly test.
- Web sites will not get negative rankings for showing exit popups.
- Action bars, slide-ins, and banners are allowed.