- Google has finally released the new keyword planning tool in AdWords. However, you have to wait just a little more to try it yourself.
- What Startups Can Learn from ‘Tax Relief’ PPC Campaigns.
- Bing recently rolled out a fix to Intelligent Tracking Preventions (ITP).
- Delayed growth of close variants following google changes now becoming clear.
- Bing Ads’ new Audience Segmentation feature makes list performance comparisons easy.
- Google provided the users with the ability to “Opt-out” from the re-marketing campaigns.
- 10X Your A/B Testing with AdWords Ad Variations.
- Here are some excellent strategies for E-commerce campaigns.
- 5 critical factors for optimizing luxury E-commerce sites.
- Everything you need to know about Facebook live ads.
- A guide to Snapchat ads manager.
There are many factors that influence a sites ranking in voice search results. To figure out which factor is most important, Backlinko conducted an extensive analysis.
Here are the findings:
- Page speed is crucial. Most of the results were from fast loading pages.
- Domain authority is of absolute importance.
- Content that ranks well on the desktop also ranks well on voice search.
- Surprisingly, Schema is not that important factor as only 36% of sites that ranked well on voice search results were using schema.
- 41% of Voice search results came from featured snippets.
- HTTPS is an absolute must.
This research debunked the myth that Schema is of absolute importance. The research also made it clear that page speed is CRUCIAL. All the results that listed well on voice search were almost 2 times faster than traditional pages.
Google’s reliance on domains with high authority for providing voice search results comes from the tendency that they “may” provide higher accuracy as compared to domain’s with less authority. But it is possible that they will come up with a more sophisticated approach for the same in near future.
The research also shed some light on the importance of long-form content. People speak more words that they type, so it’s natural that pages that use comprehensive content will reign supreme in this area.
However, you don’t have to specifically optimize your site’s content for voice search, writing in-depth content will suffice.
On a side note, virtual assistants are on the rise. So the marketers who are willing to offer their clients the latest digital marketing technology should take these platform seriously.